New Delhi: Today 130 crore Indians are battling the Corona pandemic. The poor, shopkeepers, farmers, small and medium companies and those that have misplaced their jobs are struggling to survive the financial break unleashed by the anti-people insurance policies of Modi authorities. But as a substitute of decreasing their burden, the BJP Government is fleecing the people by not simply elevating fuel charges on each day foundation but additionally refusing to share advantages of decrease crude with people.
The repeated and unjust enhance within the costs as additionally the Central Excise Duty on Petrol and Diesel over the past three months of the Lockdown has inflicted insurmountable ache and struggling on the people of India.
Here are some arduous info about Petrol and Diesel hike: –
1. In May, 2014 (when BJP assumed energy), Excise Duty on Petrol was Rs.9.20 per litre and on Diesel was Rs.3.46 per litre. In the final six years, Union BJP Government has elevated the Excise Duty on Petrol by an Additional 23.78 per litre and on Diesel by an Additional Rs.28.37 per litre. This is a stunning 820% hike in Excise Duty on Diesel and 258% enhance in Excise Duty on Petrol.
2. Modi Government has earned Rs.18,00,000 crore in final six years by enhance in Excise Duty on Petrol and Diesel alone.
3. Since the Lockdown three months in the past, the extent of extortion and profiteering by repeated will increase in costs and Excise Duty on Petrol and Diesel has surpassed all types of exploitation.
On fifth March 2020, excise responsibility on Petrol and Diesel was elevated by Rs.Three per litre. On fifth of May 2020, Modi Government elevated the Excise Duty on Diesel by Rs.13 per litre and on Petrol by Rs.10 per litre. Since seventh June 2020 until 29th June 2020, the heartless Modi Government has consecutively elevated the costs of Petrol and Diesel 22 occasions in final 23 days main to an additional enhance of Rs.11.14 per litre for Diesel and Rs.9.17 per litre for Petrol.
4. The greatest proof of dishonest the people of India and bleeding their hard- earned cash will be gauged from the very fact that crude oil costs have really gone down over previous few months. On 29th June 2020 ie right this moment, the crude oil price is US$ 41.70 or Rs.3,147.23 per barrel. One barrel has 159 litres. Hence, the per litre crude oil price as on 29th June 2020 can be Rs.19.80 per litre. As towards this, the Price of Petrol-Diesel has crossed Rs.80 per litre establishing sheer profiteering and fleecing of people of India by the Modi Government.
5. The crude costs are on the August 2004 degree of 40-42 USD/Barrel and but shoppers are paying a heavier invoice. In August 2004, Petrol was Rs 36.81 per litre, Diesel 24.16 and LPG Rs 261.60 per cylinder in Delhi. The costs of Petrol, Diesel & LPG ought to have be lowered to the August 2004 degree.
6. When Congress-UPA authorities was in energy, price of crude oil was US$ 108 per barrel, however Petrol and Diesel was at Rs 71.41 and Rs 55.49 per litre, which have elevated to Rs 80.43 and Rs 80.53 in Delhi, right this moment. If we take into account the worldwide price of crude oil, which has fallen to US$ 41.70 per barrel as on 29th June, 2020 i.e. a decline of 60%. Despite this, BJP Government has raised the costs of Petrol-Diesel to sky excessive.
The Congress Party calls for –
1. The good thing about lowered worldwide crude oil costs ought to be handed on to the people and the charges of Petrol-Diesel-LPG fuel be lowered.
2. Petrol and Diesel ought to be introduced below the GST.
3. We urge upon the Govt to fast roll again the Petrol-Diesel costs and Excise Duty hike put up fifth March, 2020 and go on this profit to the people of India in these tough occasions.